As many of you know, Child’s Play Communications had the pleasure of hosting Dinner’s On Us and the first Bloganthropy Awards as a lead-in to this year’s BlogHer, held in our hometown, NYC. I’d like to take the opportunity here to thank all who participated:
First, a thank you to all the nominees and finalists for the Bloganthropy Awards. The Awards are designed to recognize bloggers who use social media to make a difference in the world by supporting a worthy cause. Some perceive women’s blogs as all about diets and diapers, or in the case of moms, all about getting free products for review. At Dinner’s On Us on August 5, I think we helped show that there is a whole community of women, including moms, who are actively using social media to benefit others. At Child’s Play, we were amazed at what many of these women have accomplished and were thrilled to have the opportunity to recognize and support their efforts, via visibility at Dinner’s On Us and through a monetary award, provided by P&G’s Give Health. Congratulations to all the nominees, to the finalists, and especially to the winner, Katherine Stone of Postpartum Progress, for all your good work.
Next, a thank you to our sponsors — we could not have done it without you! In alphabetical order:
- Baby Boom, which chose Dinner’s On Us for the national debut of its Baby Brezza One-Step Baby Food Maker and Clic-It Smart Diaper Bag System
- The California Strawberry Commission, which sampled mouthwatering chocolate-covered strawberries to guests
- Cold Stone Creamery, which offered everyone a taste of its latest flavor, the very popular Kate’s Creation
- Cusinart, which demonstrated fabulous blenders, teakettles, coffeemakers and juice extractors
- Giddy Up, which debuted its Fuzzoodles toy line to social media at Dinner’s On Us and demonstrated its latest Scientific Explorer products
- Hershey’s, which in partnership with Kraft treated guests to everyone’s campfire favorite, classic s’mores
- K’NEX, which displayed a broad assortment of its hit construction toys, including its famous Ferris wheels
- Nickelodeon, which highlighted the wonderful Dora the Explorer collection of toys and DVDs
- Summit Toy, which showed its Backyard Safari Outfitters toys and chose Dinner’s On Us to launch its Zillionz kids’ money management line
- Toyota, which provided bloggers with product information and a very useful vehicle emergency kit
- e.l.f., which offered moms makeovers and cosmetic gift bags
These sponsors also contributed to an end-of-evening raffle, with prizes ranging in value from $40 to more than $500. Thank you all!
Also, thanks to celebrated violinist David Garrett, for his performance and for providing autographed CDs for guests.
Last, but certainly not least, a huge thank you to all our guests. As I said in my presentation, we know that there were many other BlogHer-related events going on that evening. We want you to know how much we appreciate your spending time at ours. We are truly grateful. It was, as always, wonderful to see those of you with whom we’ve worked over time, and great to meet the rest of you. I sincerely hope that you had a wonderful evening with us and that we will see you again next year!